September 21, 2012 in Human Resource
AGRO-HUB is a startup setup to combat poverty among rural farmers in Cameroon by addressing the expressed need to boost demand for their products and earn more income from their laborious efforts in the fields. We strive to achieve this through innovative use of the Web and Mobile technology to drive demand and distribution of the farmers’ products.
Are you hungry to work on purpose? Are you a marketing and sales pro looking for a challenging but also exciting work experience? We invite you to join our young and dynamic team that is set out to revolutionize our agricultural markets in a bid to break rural farmers in out of the cycle of poverty.
If you accept the challenge – which you will do by applying for the position, here is what we will expect from you but there is more… .:
1. Liaise and build relationships internally and externally. Internally, this could mean different related and supporting departments. Externally, this could be with customers and suppliers.
2. Contribute to the strategic planning of an annual or long term marketing plan to drive forward agreed organization objectives.
3. Identify, budget and manage advertising opportunities.
4. Build and maintain contacts with the media and the public.
5. Write and distribute press releases and other advertising materials.
6. Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters and flyers. This can involve writing and proofreading copy, and liaising with designers and printers.
7. Arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials.
8. Maintain, build and update contacts and mailing databases.
9. Organize and attend events and exhibitions which may include out of normal office hours.
10. Develop strategic relations to secure sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects or other organization projects.
11. Carry out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning, awareness and competition.
12. To evaluate marketing campaigns and monitor competitor activity.
13. Design, plan, budget and implement offline and online marketing activity for the organization. This includes social media, blogging and other online activities.
14. Support overall marketing objectives of organization both internally and externally.
15. Discuss problems with customers, answer questions and present “win-win” solutions.
HND, A/L+2, Bacc+2 or Equivalent.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Proficiency in spoken and written French.
Proficiency in ICT and online activity.
Proof of at least a six month marketing experience.
Very recent copy of Curriculum Vitae(CV).
Experience in the startup scene is a plus.
University degree is a plus
How to apply
Send to us by email or office delivery, a proof of your highest level of education, a copy of your CV, a proof of your marketing experience and an application letter. You are required to come along with originals of any document or proof you sent to us.
The deadline for submission of application files is set on Monday, September 24, 2012 at 23:59 CAT.
Any application received after this time will be automatically disqualified.
Selection of the Incumbent
Our selection process will be in two phases. Phase I which consists of written and oral quiz is expected to last one hour. The best five candidates will pass on to Phase II which will consists of an on the field marketing and sales exercise that will last 4 days. The selected candidate will be announced thereafter on Monday, October 1, 2012 and will be expected to commence duty on Monday, October 8, 2012.
For further questions or inquiries please email or call at the address:
Rear top floor
Amazing Pharmacy Building Molyko P.O.BOX 174 Buea
S. W. Region
Republic of Cameroon
What we now know is that startups search for business models while existing companies execute them. A startup is a temporary organization designed to search for a scalable and repeatable business model. - Steve Blank